Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Magic Button Was Pushed!!!

What is the magic button you ask?  It is the "Approved" button!  The next step is for Amazon to setup my page for sales!!! The "it" is my book:



I saw a quote by Jack Canfield I want to share: 

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

I made the final corrections to my book on Monday afternoon.  But try as I might, I could not press that approve button.  I knew by pressing that button, I was exposing myself to the world and I was fearful of what others would think, say, do etc.  I know I have come a long way in my life, but there will always be the critics.  I didn't know if I was ready for them.  

Then I went to a meeting on Monday night and the lady that spoke talked a little about fear.  So many things enter our live that make us fear life.  Whether it be an illness, life situation, family, whatever it may be, we all have fear.  And the only way to get past that fear is to face it.

In my book is a chapter called "Putting Aside the Running Shoes."  It is about my friend Tim who lost his wife to AIDS and raised his son alone.  But he wasn't really alone.  He had his extended family, friends, church family and Broadway family that stepped in when he needed it. And that is what we need to remember with our lives.  We are never really alone.

You see my whole life  I feel like I have ran.  And each time I did, I thought life would get better. A long the way I met incredible people and learned valuable lessons.  I realized I was just gathering more pieces of the puzzle to my life.  

On Tuesday morning, I said a prayer and pushed the magic button!!  I have ordered my first 10 copies of the book, and soon it will be available for all!!!  

It is hard for me to imagine that it is finally to this.  This journey that started in March 2002....and it has been a journey!!  I have shed  many tears, a few giggles, gained new love for my friends and stronger faith in my life.  But I think more importantly, I am learning to overcome fear!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment