Monday, August 29, 2011

A New Phase

It has been awhile since I have updated this site, but felt it was time to finally do so. I have some updates for you on Friends.....Lessons of Life.

As you have probably noticed, I have taken down the chapters that were on the site. Mainly because the book is getting ready to be published!!! The chapters that were up were very rough copies of what will be coming out in the book. I did the best I could with what experience I had to get them as professional as I could. Several people who have taught writing and English classes, told me the same thing. "Laura, you have a story to tell, but the technical part of the writing needs help." I took that to heart and put the book away for a while.

Last fall a patron came into the Family History Center. We became friends, and when I found out she was a writer and English minor, I snatched her up!!! I could never have gotten this far on the book without Carol.

We have worked through the first run of editing on the chapters. I am almost done with the second series of edit, then we will both work on them one more time together. It is close!!

The other cool thing is that I have a book cover. Tell me what you think? Yay or Nay?

 I just really wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your support.  I am excited that a new phase of my life will be opening soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your cover Laura. It reminds me of sunshine and a brighter tomorrow which reflects your hope, courage and forgiveness. You are starting a new phase. Sounds like the title to your next book?

    ReplyDelete